The Jerusalem artichoke... Subtly sweet, earthy, a real treat.
The value in working with sunchokes is that they cook quickly and can be prepared in a variety of ways. My favorite technique to use is simply roast them. A medium diced sunchoke will cook up in 15 minutes of less, so its a great choice when looking to get food on the table in 30 minutes of less.
Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes
- 1 1/2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Chop the sunchokes, doing your best to keep them even in size.
- Place the chopped veg in large bowl then toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a baking dish, then into the oven.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, remembering to turn them once with tongs or spatula to help brown more evenly.
- Once tender, remove from the oven and serve immediately.