Homemade mayo, or aioli is in a league of it's own when compared to traditional jarred mayo. Unfortunately, most mayo's on the market are made with refined, often GMO sourced oils that are less then excellent. By making your own, you can assure you are using the finest ingredients as well as having a fresh tasting, delicious condiment for anything from sandwiches, to grilled meats. Use this recipe as a dipping sauce, or coat your favorite grilled/roasted vegetables for a creamy salad.
- 2 Garlic cloves,
- 2 Egg Yolks (from happy chickens)
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- About 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Organic Sunflower or Grape seed oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Place the garlic and salt in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add the mustard, egg yolks, lemon juice, and roasted red peppers and process until well combined.
- While the machine is still running, add the oil in a thin, steady stream until it is completely incorporated and the mixture is thickened. *Remember to SLOWLY add the oil to keep the aioli from "breaking".
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.